Annual Events January
Art Rink in Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse
- Dec. to Feb.
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse No.1
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse Event Plaza
- An artistic skating rink of lights, opened from early December to mid February. The skating rink with multicolored illumination at the retro-looking Red Brick Warehouse creates a fantastic ambiance. The marvelous night scene of Minatomirai adds to the allure of the rink.
Chinese New Year
- Jan. or Feb. (*Chinese New Year)
- Yokohama China Town
- China Town
- The countdown of Chinese New Year starts with exploding firecrackers, followed by the boisterous pomp of Chinese lion & dragon dance, parade, Chinese acrobats, and a classic Chinese opera.
- Early Jan. to Late Mar.
- Various places in Yokohama City
- “PHOTO YOKOHAMA” is a series of events that is related to photos and images and it is held from January to March all over Yokohama. Yokohama, being the birthplace of commercial photographs in Japan and rich in attractive photo spots, is the best place for providing opportunities to get familiar with the culture of photos and images.
Yokohama Film Festival
- Last Sunday of Jan. or First Sunday of Feb.
- Film Festival Executive Committee
- Venue is not fixedy
- The Film Festival chooses the top 10 and individual award winners from Japanese movies released the previous year. The selected films will be shown all day and an award ceremony will take place.